Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

reedy to roll




ok the reeds are in, the glove box is in and I am now deciding whether it is naff to put the vapor enduro computer on the headset or down near the glovebox. I have a standard 2 inch round temp guage with a chrome holder, but (as the speedo will not be connected) I will also have to install a bicycle computer. I would then have to wire up lights in order to see the guages at night. If I decide for the vapor ( http://www.trailtech.net/vapor.htm ) on the headset I will do it right away and start with that. If I decide on a vapor for behind the legshield I will make do with the round gauge then buy a vapor later. Here's a computer mockup of what it may look like... (note the new glovebox)



Arguments for and against the headset mounting....

for - I built this scooter for a purpose, and on the headset i can easily see speed, temp, rpm, distence etc. (internal light)

against - It will look blatantly unoriginal

for - It is the VNA split headset, so I can get another in the future and get it back to oldy worldy.

for - I am getting to like the idea of having something unique. The scooter is made up of so many different parts anyway.

against - It could look ugly, but I don't think I'll really know until I do it. I will get one sooner or later so there's no harm in sitting it there to see how it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com