Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

DC Comics.... it's a bloody joke


After carefully installing the loom and checking the schematic, I bought a DC horn (see diagram that came with the loom).
Looking at the schematic, I couldn't understand how the horn or tailight could get any current without the engine running. I rang Beedspeed last night and asked what the story was. Alan (who designed the loom) said "..no, that should be an AC horn. It was so long ago, I can't remember how they go, can you email me the diagram". I did and he replied with confirmation that it should read AC Horn. ... BLOODY GREAT!

I have altered the schematic to keep the horn DC and the brake light running off the battery. I feel safer in traffic at night knowing that if I stall I am not completely in the dark.


I also recieved an email from beedspeed stating that the reed block had been 'ordered in.'
24 hours before that I spoke to someone there and he said they were definitely in stock and would post immediately. ... BLOODY GREAT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com