Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Monday, October 02, 2006

reed and weep


Today was one of those Santa days. First my glove box arrived, then my reed block. At 5pm (start of workday German time) I rang SIP and apparently the head and crank have been in transit for 5 days and are due this week.
I had to grind the glove box a fair bit to make it fit, but all was well in the end and I have painted it already.


I got straight into dremeling the cases as soon as I had the glove box painted. my first go on the dremel and I think I did alright. There could be another couple of hours of perfecting the inlet porting but I want to see how it goes with mild work done. The inlet has already been heavily dremeled, so it was already pretty smooth. I removed the rotary pad an opened the inlet to match the malossi reed block. The crank I ordered has some kind of 'special lip' (worb5) so probably reduces the need to heavily dremel out the case.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com