Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm gonna walk down to .. 'ave a new electric



The puns are getting worse. Bad gags Loom-in.
So far I have the loom in place, have routed the cables through to the battery side, routed the tail-light cables and installed the tail-light (vietnamese GS copy). I think the tailight may have been a changeover one for a px because it sits flat and leaves a little gap at the top. I ground it which improved it a bit.
Electrics worries are as follows...
1) does my lighting/charging regulator work (got it in a box with some other stuff)?
2) Where to put the starter relay. The loom came with a cable that won't reach across the scooter from the battery side to the starter.
3) There is a cable missing from the loom - battery to regulator - no biggy.
4) Front headlight - the VNA headset is small and the replacement glass is plastic. I'd like to get a halogen in there, but am worried that even a normal 12V globe will melt the plastic.
5) Where to put a switch near the seat?
6) Do I put in a key ignition somewhere?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com