Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Monday, September 11, 2006

free range night - battery chicken no more

I was a bit chicken to deal with the battery, so tonight was a breakthrough. My battery tray arrived the other day from Lambretta Parts in America . I didn't check with anyone as to the best position for it in the glove box cowl, so I just took a punt.

...also I have managed to get the loom in, painted the cowls, front fender and headset with the colour matched paint and sent my new chrome rime (scootrs) to the scootermarket for some sava mc18 tyres.

..I have also attached some blingy bits also from scootrs. The cowl trim was fairly good, but the screws that came with the fender trim were made of cheese which didn't go together well with the badly tapped holes. Now I need to buy an easy-out and some decent m5 bolts. There's simply too much to do without having to mess around fixing dodgy bling. The shiny bits do help to detract from the lumpy bog-work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com