Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jetting all day, Jetting all night



After spending a couple of hours fiddling with the jets in the OKO 28mm carb, I cleaned up and wandered down to the forum to see the band 'Jet'.
My friend Steve plays keyboard in all of their shows (and on the record) , so needless to say there was some boozing to do. So busy was i at Jet that I forgot what jets I had put in earlier in the evening.
Fortunately when searching the internationalscooterbbs for jetting info, I found a post i had made before going out indicating the jetting changes I had made.
132 main
42 pilot
air screw 2.25 out
GKB needle (randall at Scootrs says it is an OEM needle, but I will have to research exactly what that means)



NOW! My worry is fuel starvation and I am deciding If How and When to install a vacuum fuel pump. These work by tapping into the pulsating crankcase pressure, normally involving drilling into the engine cases. Because of metal filings, this should always be done with the engine in bits. (a drag).
The online scooter community seems to be lacking in info as to whether the vacuum line can be taken from the inlet manifold instead of the cases (on a rotary valve motor). A go-kart guy gave me a definite NO, but some online say it is possible. I know it is cool in the reedblock on a reedvalve setup, so maybe people are getting them confused.
I will definitely tap the manifold and do some testing with fuel cans at different rev ranges. The pump is on order.


~ look at the brass fuel line nipple sticking up to the left of the pink hose. The base of that is at the same height relative to the fuel tank as a stock carb. If this can be swapped for an l-shaped fitting, the hose wouldn't have to rise up and down onto the nipple, creating the same fuel flow as for a stock setup. The pump setup allows for long range tanks, auxiliiary tanks etc, but at least if the flow can use all the main tank, I am not in danger of fuel starvation at 1/3 tank under load which could lead to leaning off and seizing.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Alejandro Santana said...

Hello: I dont know if you will this message, I hope so.

I'm in the same site where you were years ago: building a Malossi 221. I will use a Keihin PWK 28 and reeds. Could you tell me the jetting you finished using? Did you install a fuel pump at last?

I hope all went well.

Greetings.
EscucharLeer fonéticamente

Diccionario - Ver diccionario detallado
Traducir cualquier sitio webMarmiton.org-FranciaNews.de-AlemaniaNord-Cinema-FranciaTelegraph.co.uk-Reino UnidoLouvre-FranciaElle-FranciaZeit Online-AlemaniaKomika Magasin-suecoSueddeutsche.de-Alemania盆栽-JapónOnet.pl-polacoThe Washington Post-Estados Unidos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com