Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

wedgie - A Brief Update

 Pictured is my Li150 that I sold recently. No that is not me, That is MAnni from the Stone Roses and Primal Scream. They toured Melbourne recently and we had him around at my workshop and a few cool bars.



Wow, since we last spoke plenty has happened.
- The tv175 was put on the road and ridden daily for at least a year. Maintaining the barn fresh look, I got the internals running beautifully so I just looks like it will break down any second. Let the registrartion lapse due to getting a lovely Li150 series 2 and using that as my daily. That's another story.
- the Li150 basket case was sold for what I paid for it. Didn't seem worth having as I had a complete and running version by then.
- The Dirty Rocket was ridden around Tasmania, as well as a trip to the national in South Australia. Beautiful bike. I put it off the road when I registered the TV175 and after a year I decided to sell. It went to South Australia.
- The 'Limahl' LML t5 200 sat in my office for a few years until a mate and fellow scooterist showed an interest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I say. He is still using it and it looks rather tidy compared to when I had it.
- My Li150 series 2 that I bought since my last confession was a little ripper. I installed a casa 185 kit in it as well as a big bore exhaust, a varitronic ignition, etc etc. Recently I have put it back to stock barrel and sold it to a young fella who is thrilled to have the opportunity to own a genuine Lambretta.
- In the midst of all this I have set up as a professional classic scooter mechanic AND have bought a 1971 triumph Bonneville. Quite a handful to say the least . CLICK HERE for the blog

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Herry Johnson said...

Searching for vespa parts, we give the first and ensured material about parts related vespa. Here are accessible all alternatives identified with malossi parts and Honda forza or yamahasmax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com