Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Friday, December 29, 2006

- THE DIRTY LIE -



While the bench is still warm from the 'dirty rocket project' I have gone and started another one.
After procuring and attaching EVERY single part of the malossi 221 px engined '63 GL, I have decided to have a crack at an original restore. This time it's a LAMBRETTA.
Yep, I've crossed the floor.
This time the scooter is nearly complete, so each time I need a new part I will at least have the old/worn/broken one to refer to.

More later when I come to grips with what I have done.

The bike will be called the 'Dirty Lie'. Built by dirty derek.... Li model, and the whole process of aquiring parts will involve many a little white lie to my wife. I already said I got it for nothing.

1 Comments:

At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice project. An Italian one...
I'd like to see it when you get to the painting phase. I'll keep you in my favourites to follow up on how you do it in order to learn.

¡Adelante!

Vitoda
http://milambretta.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com