Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Too much TV to blog - my new lambretta


I suppose you are wondering how the series 2 lambretta is going???? well nowhere really. I have sourced a headset top and a flywheel.
I HAVE, however, started a national scooter magazine, bought a barn find TV 175, set up a shared access workshop space for classic scooters and got the TV to a state of roadworthiness.
Each of these things deserves at least an entry each, and I will endeavor to gather posts from various forums describing my progress with each project.



Currently the TV is in bits as I attempt to rebuild the bottom end prior to the sydney 2007 Lambretta 60th birthday celebrations. About ten of the Melbourne Crusaders SC are trucking up so as to have the most time showing the Sydneysiders how to party.

when I pulled the barrel off there was an unfortunate chunk missing from the cases. One of the studs has been over torqued many years ago (the bike hasn't been registered sine 1982) and the side of the thread is exposed right inside a transfer port.

I have sent the case to a known genius in the field of case welding, and hopefully will be rebuilding this weekend.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Scooter Couple said...

Plan to read more in depth on your TV.

See mine at:
lambrettarestoration.blogspot.com

And nearly complete Vespa VSC:
vesparestoration.blogspot.com

Good luck on your resto!

Jeremy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com