Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Two horses with one stone

I got a bee in my bonnet and pulled off my sito (2500kms),reshaped the
stub hole and replaced the clamp from an old stock one.
I formed some flashing, smeared it with Dirko (red goo) and banged it on.
It really feels like I am getting more horses in the mid range and the
vibrations are all but gone. (well, relatively anyway).

The malossi stub was in a terrible state, but considering it has been
rubbed approximately....20,571,428 times I think I'm lucky to seal it
at all.

Alltogether a great result. (I never considered the loose stub to be the cause of some of my vibrations).

If you look at the picture I have drawn a green line to indicate where i think the power curve might be now. It's only guess work. It doesn't look much diffrent but averages a horsepower more acrodd th lower and midrange. I haven't tested full throttle yet so I won't get carried away with my green virtual texta.

If I was chasing numbers I would put on the JL pipe I have in the workshop and the curve would resemble the matterhorn. It just seems like a lot of trouble to impress YOU. I had it on the Malossi 210 and it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com