Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

dirties scooter gallery - recent acquisitions

Lately I have taken delivery of the following...
  • GS seat - repro from australian scooter parts (vietnam)
  • Correct wiring loom from Beedspeed (they sent me the wrong one)
  • Malossi stickers (free by way of apology for sending wrong loom)
  • Borrowed gl fork so I can duplicate the fittings and threads on the pk fork (thanks stu).
  • 4 case gaskets (sick of having to buy a whole set just for one gasket)
  • brake pedal . ebay from Perth. I had to grind the original off.
  • cowl rubber
  • levers
  • house (yet to build a workshop there but when the landlord kicks me out of the factory, my projects will no longer have to suffer.

ALL THIS LEAVES JUST THE FOLLOWING TO ACQUIRE

  • my mind's a blank so I'll get back to this one
  • I know.. 2 wheels and tyres
  • battery holder
  • paint

....AND THIS TO DO


  • adapt the top of the pk fork
  • get the paint matched
  • prime and paint the headset
  • fix the cowls as best as possible and prime and paint them
  • fit the cables in and the wiring loom
  • attatch a battery and regulator
  • adapt the light switch to the plans from beedspeed for PX conversion.
  • clean and test the fuel tank
  • fit the seat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com