Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

well fork me, it fits


















Well I'm not out of the woods yet, but the PK50XL2 fork arrived from Germany today, intact and with hub, brake, speedo cable etc.
It seems to fit with the bearing races and threads, etc. It is just a matter of working out how to get the headset and the front fender on.
If I have to change the top of the fork to fit the VNA headset, then fine. If I have to change the fork top in a DIFFERENT way for a VNA (which I have ready) to a GL (which I will put on one day in the future) then I will get a GL one to begin with.
The fender I will simply abuse until it fits, then bog it up until it is relatively smooth.

At last I feel as if I am getting somewhere. The wiring is ordered, and the seat is paid for.
I will continue to cut and polish the frame as is, then bog up the VNA cowls. The big job is going to be adapting these forks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com