Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

torturous break in period

The 210 is running great in the T5 frame.
I am running with a 128 main jet, and it feels a little rich.
When i stopped for my first plug chop the Cylinder Head Temperature stopped working. I am fairly reliant on this while fiddling with carb settings, as it gives me an idea what causes a lean mix, and what doesn't.
I kept the carb settings for the first 200km's until a replacement guage arrived. Fortunately the scoot was running at a steady 200 fahrenheit around town.

The general consensus for breaking in technique is to 'just ride it.... but avoid long spells at the same speed'. So that's what I'm doing. Reving it up good, but not full fang in fourth.
More later on the break in.
I have added a pic of dyno results. I found a site with dyno comparisons using different performance exhausts. I superimposed them all together to give a rough idea of the qualities of some exhausts. I currently run a sito plus (blue line) and have a SIP performance ready to go on once it is broken in. I had the sip on my stock engine for a while and although it wasn't the best on stock, it did allow the engine to rev as much as it wanted. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when it is combined withe the malossi kit.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Herry Johnson said...

Searching for vespa parts, we give the first and ensured material about parts related vespa. Here are accessible all alternatives identified with malossi parts and Honda forza or yamahasmax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com