Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

gettin' it together

It may not be much, but I have actually attached something to teh GL frame.
I have screwed on the centre mat (scootrs - Vietnam). Sounds simple but was quite tricky. The screws supplied were absolute trash and stripped almost immediately. I ended up re-using the 43 year old rusty screws, which held together just fine. Stretching the mat while trying to line up the metal rail and then screwing in a screw was quite difficult .
So there you go, I have started assembly. Yay.


By the way, I have been advised to NOT use the VNA front guard with a ten inch wheel, as it is too small and may lock up under full suspension. I have ordered a GS160 front fender from scootrs in Vietnam. even they admit it is not perfect, but should keep with the rounded look I am going for and still look better than the beat up vna one .
this is a picture of the fron fender from the scootrs website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com