Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Friday, February 24, 2006

shopping list / inventory - continually updated

  1. forks. ..... from my research on the various chat rooms, etc I think the PK 125 fork will be the best bet. Others say rally ones are better, but as far as I can tell they handle like dogs and don't allow performance shocks like sebacs, or bitubo. Also I will add a disc brake conversion to this when there are funds available. ( I believe around 400 aud ).
  2. cables........ must find out if i need p200 ones, or original ones
  3. wheels and tyres (maybe even the new tubeless ones from australian scooterparts)
  4. long seat .. I have a single seat from scootrs, but I am not comfortable on those because of my size (5'11" 105 kg)
  5. floor rails
  6. head bearings... I think i need both sets (pk and vna) but it is something I'll have to check
  7. fuel line
  8. wiring loom .. I am assuming that I need a p200 one
  9. possibly a px tank with oil tank (If I go with a autolube carb such as a vortex)
  10. paint.. interesting decision, but I like the idea of a matt colour in an extremely dark green. Either that or white. Matt-finish helps with covering up bumpy panel work. We will have to see what can be achieved with the panels.
  11. seat hinges and catches
  12. cowl rubber
  13. rear brake pedal, cable.
  14. stand


in transit...

  1. headset
  2. speedo
  3. starter motor
  4. kickstart
IN Hand

  1. rusted frame
  2. rear light
  3. vna head bearings
  4. new floor
  5. frame jig
  6. saddle seat/ buddy (don't want to use)
  7. vna tank
  8. legshield trim
  9. keihin round slide carb
  10. standard USA p200 head
  11. p210 engine, complete without starter motor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com