Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

malossi 210 in transit

This week I paid for the motor.
The beating heart of the Dirty Rocket, the powerplant, the very soul of my project.
Ok that was going a bit too far. I actually think the soul of one of these things resides in the series of numbers stamped on the frame. Somehow they get a hold of you, telling you "you could write yourself into a timeline that started in 1957." Without the vin(frame number) there is a piece of rusted steel on your bench while you wait for a complete restore project to come up.
Anyway enough about the frame (something I'll be putting off more and more) and more about the motor.
Details are not specific.. but here goes.
I put the word out for anyone who has a set of p200 engine cases, so I could have a starting point for the long, expensive and drawn out task of building the powerplant............
,.............. and paid for it. It was built 5-6 years ago and never used. Has been stored ever since.
known.....
p200 elec start
malossi 210
port matched
inlet timing 180
some kind of racing crank
missing part off stator plate


unknown........
clutch
carb
bearings
State of seals after storage

Waiting for my mate Naughty Pete to return to the state where he lives to pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com