Dirty Scooters - Lambretta Li 150 series 2 restore and 64 GL malossi 221

this blog is a record of my scooter projects. The Dirty Rocket is finished for now, and I am about to begin restoring a '58 Lambretta Li150 series 2. The Dirty rocket started out as an attempt to build my ideal scooter from a rusted bare heap for as little money as possible. (The frame is a '57 VNA) now a 64 GL frame. TO FOLLOW THIS CHRONOLOGICALLY, START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE... AND Please leave comments/ tips/ warnings!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

is this the zen then?

One of the hardest things when fixing up (or getting ready to prepare for the pre-fixing up preparations) a fucked up old scooter is hearing about the complete one that just got sold a month ago for the price you are going to end up paying for the bloody headset. I am on the verge of becoming even more determined to fix up the unfixable, no matter what the cost is to my sanity, wallet and marriage.
I must get this frame started before something comes up. Hours spent working on the steel are free (well, no dearer than hours on the computer looking at ebay, scooterbbs, yahoo groups scomo, sip, scooterworks, beedspeed, scootrs, australian scooter parts, gps imports, worb5, etc, etc.)
the next post will be my plan/ progress on frame strengthening. I will return to this and update as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com